Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kindle

As the cornerstone of its quarterly financial results, Amazon boasted that the Kindle has grown into the company's highest selling product, both in numbers moved and dollars acquired. At first, this seems logical: whenever I visit the Amazon website, I read about the Kindle, and even unaffiliated periodicals seem to be constantly spotlighting the Kindle. It's a hot topic, sure, and that seems like it would logically correlate with record-topping sales.

But then it occurs to me that I've never actually seen anyone reading from a Kindle. Hell, I can't say I've ever seen a Kindle at all... Who's to say Jeff Bezos isn't buying all those Kindles himself and building forts out of them and sleeping inside them as he fantasizes over the death of paper literature?

But then, post-entry: I've given this a little more thought, and realized that I rarely see people in Miami reading anything at all, so maybe this is a moot topic. It most certainly has nothing to do with alcohol, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment